Last month I shared this fun camping recipe over at Heavenly Homes and Forever Families! And just in case you missed it over there, I wanted to share it with you here.
My husband and I love the outdoors. We haven’t been able to take our kids camping, but we sure hope to sometime in the near future! My husband and I love to camp.
Finding meals to cook over the campfire can be fun but also challenging. One of our camping dinner favorites is a hot and cheesy Camping Quesadilla. They’re easy to make and taste so yummy! Just put the quesadillas together, place on tin foil and cover them up, and place them on the grate right over your campfire. And just like that dinner is done!
All year round we like to make these quesadillas at home on our grill. Fun and easy dinner!
- 4 medium flour tortillas
- 2 (8oz) chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
- 1 jar Tostitos salsa con queso
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 c. shredded Mexican blend cheese
- tin foil
- Spread 1 Tbsp salsa con queso over one side of a tortilla.
- Place 1/4 c. chicken on half the tortilla over the salsa con queso. Sprinkle 1/4 c. black beans and about 1/4 c. cheese over the chicken.
- Fold other side of tortilla over to cover ingredients. Place on a piece of tin foil large enough to cover the quesadilla. Leave the ends open.
- Place the foiled quesadilla on the grate directly over the campfire. Keep over fire to cheese is melted and tortilla is crispy.
- Remove from the grate and cut in four pieces. No plates needed because you have the foil!