Summer time means meals on the grill! We love using our grill all summer long and throwing whatever we can on it. One of our favorite things to make on the grill is a type of skewer. For dinner the other night we felt like eating some teryaki chicken, thus, Teryaki Chicken Skewers were born! And wow, were they tasty. Tons of flavor and packed with protein from the chicken and all kinds of good nutrients from the veggies and pineapple. So easy! A winning dish for sure that we can’t wait to make again!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- salt and pepper
- teriyaki marinade
- 1 orange pepper, cut into pieces
- 2 small zucchinis, cut into pieces (The tiny ones you can get in the produce department at your grocery store all year. OR if you make these when your zucchinis are ready to pluck from the garden, just cut one up in small pieces!)
- 1 (20oz) can pineapple chunks, or fresh pineapple chunks
- kabob sticks or skewers
- Salt and pepper the chicken and place in a ziploc storage bag. Pour marinade in the bag until the chicken is covered. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours. (The longer the better!)
- Heat the grill to medium. Place a piece of pepper, zucchini, chicken, and pineapple on the skewer and repeat till you have three of each on the skewer. Repeat with all skewers till you run out of ingredients.
- Place prepared skewers on the grill and brush leftover marinade on the veggies and chicken.
- Turn skewers after 6 minutes and brush with more marinade. Cook for 5-6 more minutes.
- Remove from the grill and serve.