Party Meatballs

Share it!Share on Facebook0Share on StumbleUpon2,366Share on Google+0Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter1Pin on Pinterest3,360
party-meatballs

The Super Bowl is on Sunday and I have an incredibly easy and delicious appetizer to go along with game day. My husband makes these meatballs for all the family parties on my side, by request from my siblings. Ask any one of them. They all love these meatballs! Normally we use one bag of meatballs when we make these for parties. But this Christmas we decided to surprise my siblings by having twice the amount of meatballs. They were all thrilled, and it was the best Christmas they ever had. Ok, maybe not the BEST Christmas they’ve ever had. But these meatballs have the ability to make a party that much better! This is one of those recipes that people will be asking for when you bring this dish somewhere.

Party Meatballs

Ingredients

• 1 bag frozen meatballs
  • 1 (12-14 oz) bottle chili sauce
  • 1 (18 oz) jar grape jelly

Instructions

1. Place all frozen meatballs in the crock pot. Pour entire contents of chili sauce and grape jelly jars over the meatballs.
  2. Cover and heat on low for 4 1/2 - 5 hours. Stir a couple of times throughout the heating process.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Click HERE for more party food and appetizer ideas!

Comments

• says

There are different kinds of chili sauce. I personally dont eat spicy food so I bought sweet and tangy chili sauce and everyone still loved it.!

• says

Oh Michelle, I’m so sorry I’m just now responding to this!! If you use around half a large jar you should be fine. This recipe is a good one that doesn’t require exact measurements on the jelly and chili sauce so you can use however much you’d like. Just mix it all together and give it a taste test.

1. says

What if I wanted to use ground beef instead of frozen meatballs? Will they fall apart? Should I sear them in a pan first to firm them up?

2. says

To answer your question at the top of this post — your recipe must be really popular on Pinterest right now, that’s where how I came upon it :)

3. Debbie says

There are many sizes of grape jelly, could you be a little more specific regarding how much to use?
    And how long to you cook them for?
    ON low or High?
    Thanks,
    Deb

4. says

These were a huge hit at my Halloween party! Worked great with homemade meatballs (2 lbs of turkey, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, 1/2 Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, 2 eggs, 1 clove of garlic, salt & pepper). Make them bite size. With the jelly & the chili sauce it was great! Just make sure to stir while they’re cooking, once an hour or so.