This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The National Milk Life Campaign. All opinions are mine alone. #KnowYourMilk #CollectiveBias
Nothing says comfort food like a bowl of hot stew. Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew is the perfect meal for a cold day.
This time of year is all about comforting meals with the family. Nothing beats a hot meal when it’s colder than cold outside. Growing up my mom made dinner and poured each of us a glass of milk. I do the same thing for my kids and this Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew was the perfect recipe to serve with a cold glass of milk. The slow cooker makes dinner so much easier and my kids absolutely loved this stew. It was such a winning meal in all the ways!
I’m working with The National Milk Life Campaign to talk all things milk. My kids ask for milk during the day like it’s a special treat. They love drinking it and I love giving it to them! They have no idea they’re drinking something so nutritious when they’re guzzling down a glass of milk. We’re talking nutrients like B vitamins (riboflavin, B-12 and niacin) for converting their food into energy, high-quality protein for lean muscle, Vitamin A for healthy immune systems, potassium to help regulate the balance of fluids, and bone-building nutrients like calcium, Vitamin D, and phosphorus. And at just about a quarter per serving, milk delivers more nutritional value per penny than just about any other beverage. Another win!
Some of America’s favorite foods and tastes include milk as a foundation. Macaroni and cheese and alfredo sauce are just two of our favorites. Milk accentuates the flavors of these dishes and many others. Did you know that the average American household spends about 10% of their budget on food – nearly $80 a week for groceries? One year of dairy milk will cost the average family $628 vs. $1,222 per year for vanilla almond milk. That’s nearly $600 per year in savings! (Based on an average family size of 2.58 people per the 2010 US Census. Additional Reference: U.S. Department of Commerce Economics and Statistics Administration. U.S. Census Bureau, 2010 Census Summary.)
So what makes this stew recipe easy? Besides cooking in a slow cooker, some of the ingredients make this recipe less complicated than a typical stew. You can purchase stew meat that has already been cut for you. You can also throw baby carrots in instead of taking the time to cut large carrots. And dried herbs also make this dish an easy one. Just head over to your spice rack and you’ll have most of them there! This recipe is so yummy and super easy to put together. Whether you’re serving Sunday dinner or an easy weeknight meal, the family is going to love eating a hot bowl of this stew with a glass of milk.
Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- 2 lb stew meat
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb russet potatoes cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 c baby carrots
- 1 medium yellow onion cut into large chunks
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 c beef broth
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried bay leaves
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 c flour
- Place olive oil in a large saute pan. Salt and pepper the stew meat and add to the pan. Heat meat over medium until each piece is brown but not all the way cooked; remove from heat and place in the crock pot.
- Place potatoes, carrots, and onion in a 6-quart slow cooker. In a medium bowl, combine minced garlic, beef broth, tomato paste, worcestershire sauce, dried thyme, dried rosemary, dried bay leaves, and paprika.
- Pour mixture into the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours. Combine 1/2 c. stew broth and flour in a small bowl and pour into the slow cooker. Cook for 30 more minutes until thickened.
- Serve hot with dinner rolls and a cold glass of milk. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Rudolph and Friends Christmas Cupcakes - December 17, 2019
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting for Beginners Recipe - November 6, 2019
- Friends TV Show Cupcakes and Toppers - September 22, 2019