Yesterday I shared a fun idea to get the kids excited about the Box Tops for Education™ program to help earn money for their schools. We love this program and being able to help raise money by purchasing items we love!
We played what we call Box Tops for Education™ Family Recipe Challenge by heading to our Walmart and picking out some specially marked Box Tops items to make a recipe. Each of the kids chose a family size product with 5 bonus Box Tops marked on it and we brought them home to make a yummy recipe.
We ended up with Yoplait light yogurt, Cheerios, and Nature Valley crunchy granola bars.
My three year old was pretty excited about the Cheerios he picked out.
Parfaits ended up being the perfect recipe idea with these ingredients!
These crunchy granola bars were perfect to cut up and use for one of the parfait layers. And they’re so yummy!
My kids loved doing our first Box Tops for Education™ Family Recipe Challenge and want to do it again. I told them we could do it again the next time we go to Walmart and this time they have to pick different products. They’re pretty excited!
- Yoplait Light strawberry yogurt
- Cheerios cereal
- Nature Valley crunchy granola bars cut up into small chunks
- banana and strawberry slices to garnish
- Layer the parfaits starting with yogurt, then granola bar chunks, more yogurt, Cheerios, more yogurt, then top with banana and strawberry slices. Serve immediately.
This recipe challenge brings some fun and excitement to the Box Tops program. Not only do you get Box Tops for your school, you also get time spent with family creating a yummy recipe. It’s a win-win!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting for Beginners Recipe - November 6, 2019
- Friends TV Show Cupcakes and Toppers - September 22, 2019
- Halloween Dipped Oreos - September 17, 2019