Aimee is one of my blogging besties and co-author of one of my favorite food blogs: Like Mother, Like Daughter. She and her mom write this blog together, sharing their favorite recipes while keeping connected with each other while states apart. Aimee has so much talent! She’s an excellent cook, food photographer, and mom to her sweet little boy. You will love her blog!
Hi friends! I’m so happy to be visiting Cupcake Diaries to help Alli out with a little more time enjoyed snuggling her precious new little one. I am Aimee and I blog over at Like Mother, Like Daughter where my mother and I actually blog together – we share our favorite recipes, kitchen supplies, tips, tricks and facts about our life too. Hope you’ll stop by and say hi sometime!
This time of year I love everything pumpkin, and when my husband suggested having breakfast for dinner, I knew I needed to try making a pumpkin syrup to go on top of our french toast. I based my syrup recipe off of this one, but instead of yogurt I added pumpkin puree and I added some pumpkin pie spices to add to the flavor too.
This stuff is pure perfection. I’m telling you, if you like pumpkin then you will love this pumpkin syrup. Its got the perfect fall flavor. And its actually a little thicker, so although its terrific on french toast or pancakes, you could even spread it on a piece of toast. And I may try experimenting with it in some recipes too.
- 1 1/2 c. white sugar
- 1 c. pumpkin puree
- 1/4 c. butter
- 3 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Place sugar, pumpkin, butter, corn syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice in a large pot.
- Heat over medium high and stir everything together while bringing the mixture to a boil.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, add in vanilla and baking soda and stir quickly for about a minute before removing the pot from the stove.
- Serve over your favorite breakfast foods.
If you like this pumpkin syrup, I think you’ll like these pumpkin recipes too:
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting for Beginners Recipe - November 6, 2019
- Friends TV Show Cupcakes and Toppers - September 22, 2019
- Halloween Dipped Oreos - September 17, 2019