I love Alli and Cupcake Diaries, and I can’t tell you how excited I am to be here. I’m Audra from RealityToDreams.com. As a wife, and mom to two very energetic little boys I so appreciate a great recipe.
Today I’m sharing a flavorful and simple crock pot beef stew. Two years ago, we made four batches of this stew for a Medieval Tavern Halloween Party and my husband was so disappointed when there was absolutely no stew left. This family recipe is total ‘comfort food’ at our house.
I loved having this recipe with a new baby in the house. Now, it’s the best to throw the ingredients into the crock pot before church. We come home to the wonderful smells of roasted meat, potatoes, and veggies. I’m free to snuggle up with my boys while dinner cooks. With only two simple measurements and a little chopping, this stew is ready for the crock pot!
With Jen Day’s One Hour Homemade Dinner Rolls, and Briton’s Spring Mix Salad you now have a complete Sunday dinner menu! I hope you enjoy this recipe. Please come back and tell me what you think!
Simple Crock Pot Beef Stew
- 1 lb. stew meat
- 1 standard-sized can Tomato soup
- 1 standard-sized can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 3-4 potatoes
- 2-3 carrots
- 2-3 celery stalks
- 1 1/2 C. water
- 7 Allspice
- Cut the stew meat, potatoes, carrots, and celery into large bite-sized chunks
- Mix all of your ingredients together. (You don’t even have to brown the meat.)
- Pour the ingredients into a crock pot. I let it cook on low for about 6 hours, or until the meat and vegetables are as tender as you like them.
- If you don’t have a crock pot, you can also pour ingredients into a large pot. Cook in the oven for 5 hours at 300 degrees F.
I hope to see you again,
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting for Beginners Recipe - November 6, 2019
- Friends TV Show Cupcakes and Toppers - September 22, 2019
- Halloween Dipped Oreos - September 17, 2019