Today I’m sharing another easy and tasty recipe that uses two oils. And did I mention it’s easy?
I love going to Mexican restaurants and loading up on chips and salsa before my meal comes. Not to mention the bowl of this restaurant-style salsa I keep in the fridge. I don’t even put it a little bit in a small bowl! I just take the lid off and go for it. Needless to say, that’s my personal bowl of salsa. 🙂
This salsa recipe uses lime and cilantro essential oils. Again, my eyes were opened up all kinds of wide when I learned not only that these oils existed, but that you can use these oils in food. Love!! My favorite thing about the cilantro oil is that I didn’t have to pull a bunch of cilantro leaves off to make this salsa. All it took was 2 little drops of the cilantro oil and I got the same amazing cilantro flavor I would have if I had chopped up a bunch a put it in the salsa. This was by far the fastest salsa I’ve ever made!
Easy Restaurant-Style Salsa
- 1 28oz can whole tomatoes
- 1 10oz can original Rotel
- 1 10oz can mild Rotel
- 1/4 c. onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 small jalapeno quartered and sliced thin
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 drops cilantro essential oil
- 1-2 drops lime essential oil
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor, pulsing until you get a restaurant-style consistency of salsa or a desired consistency.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour. Serve with tortilla chips.
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting for Beginners Recipe - November 6, 2019
- Friends TV Show Cupcakes and Toppers - September 22, 2019
- Halloween Dipped Oreos - September 17, 2019