Hi! I’m Aimee and I am so excited to be visiting Cupcake Diaries today! I blog at Like Mother, Like Daughter, where I blog with my mom and we share our favorite recipes, cooking products, restaurants and more!
I started our blog as a way to share recipes that I was making in college and for my mom to share some of our family favorite recipes with me. We still live hundreds of miles away from each other and our blog has just grown in to sharing more of our successful and favorite recipes with each other and with our readers.
Since this blog is called Cupcake Diaries, I figured I should share a cupcake recipe with you guys. One of my favorite things lately is making desserts for TWO. Right now, it’s just my husband and I (although in 2 months our first baby will be born!) and so we don’t usually need a whole batch of cookies, cupcakes, or any other dessert really. With these great dessert for two recipes I have made we get either 2 cupcakes, so one each or four cookies so we can each have two, and it’s the perfect amount to satisfy our sweet tooth without either wasting lots of leftovers or eating wayyy more sugar than we need. (This recipe originally appeared on LMLD, here)
- 1/4 c. flour
- 2 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp cocoa
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/16 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients together in a small bowl (this means: flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt).
- Add in the milk, oil and vanilla and stir everything together to combine.
- Pour batter into a cupcake/muffin pan sprayed with non stick spray (or lined with cupcake liners)
- Bake for about 18 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Frost cupcakes.
- 2 TBS butter
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp corn syrup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 oz chocolate, chopped (I used a combo of milk and semi sweet)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Combine the butter, sugar, and milk in a small sauce pan and heat over medium high heat until just boiling and sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over chocolate in a medium sized bowl and allow to sit for a couple minutes.
- Stir together until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes in your fridge.
- Pour mixture into a stand mixer bowl and add in powdered sugar.
- Beat on high until frosting turns a lighter color and gets thicker, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a piping bag or frost with a knife.
These chocolate cupcakes are perfectly rich, moist and chocolately and will be the perfect dessert for just you and your sweetheart or you and a friend!
We also have some other dessert for two recipes on our blog:
If you’re in a mood for more chocolate these double chocolate cookies for two are awesome!
One of my favorites, is this recipe for peanut butter chocolate chip cookies for two. I mean, who doesn’t love peanut butter and chocolate?
And just incase you want cupcakes, but not chocolate, you can try these delicious funfetti cupcakes for two.