Oreo Cupcakes are what they’re eating for dessert in heaven. These cupcakes are amazing! And by far my favorite cupcake I’ve made ever. They’re THAT good!
I’ve had my dessert favorites that I could rattle off if someone asked. Then I made these Oreo Cupcakes and they became my favorite dessert I’ve ever made. That’s a pretty bold statement, but I mean it! These are seriously the best tasting cupcakes I’ve made. I gave some to my next door neighbor and sent me a message saying they were the best cupcakes she and her husband had ever had. I’m not kidding. These are the BEST! I think my favorite part about these cupcakes is the frosting. It tastes just like the cream from an Oreo cookie. It is grab-a-spoon-and-eat-the-entire-bowl good.
I think my favorite part about these cupcakes is the frosting. It tastes just like the cream from an Oreo cookie. It is grab-a-spoon-and-eat-the-entire-bowl good.
I have no idea why I didn’t take a picture of the center of these cupcakes!! They are baked with an Oreo cookie at the bottom. Whaaaaaaaat??? I know! These are simply the best. If you like Oreos, you MUST make these cupcakes soon!
- 1 chocolate cake mix plus ingredients to prepare batter
- 24 cupcake liners
- 1 c. butter softened
- 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 7oz jar marshmallow fluff
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 30 Oreo cookies
- Prepare cupcake batter on the back of the box; set aside.
- Place cupcake liners in a muffin tin and add 1 whole cookie to the bottom of each cupcake liner. Spoon cupcake batter over each cookie till 2/3 full in the liner.
- Bake 10-12 minutes at 350°. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Place remaining six Oreos in a food chopper or processor. Chop up the cookies till they turn into crumbs; set aside.
- Blend butter in a mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer till nice and smooth; add almond extract.
- Add powdered sugar a half cup at a time till incorporated. Then add the marshmallow fluff; mix well. Stir in the cookie crumbs with a spatula.
- Place frosting in a frosting bag with a 1M star tip. Pipe on frosting over each cupcake. Enjoy!
And if you like this recipe, you’ll love these other cupcake favorites!
- Microwave Single-Serve Bread Pudding - June 8, 2020
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020