Oreo Cupcakes are what they’re eating for dessert in heaven. These cupcakes are amazing! And by far my favorite cupcake I’ve made ever. They’re THAT good!
I’ve had my dessert favorites that I could rattle off if someone asked. Then I made these Oreo Cupcakes and they became my favorite dessert I’ve ever made. That’s a pretty bold statement, but I mean it! These are seriously the best tasting cupcakes I’ve made. I gave some to my next door neighbor and sent me a message saying they were the best cupcakes she and her husband had ever had. I’m not kidding. These are the BEST! I think my favorite part about these cupcakes is the frosting. It tastes just like the cream from an Oreo cookie. It is grab-a-spoon-and-eat-the-entire-bowl good.
I think my favorite part about these cupcakes is the frosting. It tastes just like the cream from an Oreo cookie. It is grab-a-spoon-and-eat-the-entire-bowl good.
I have no idea why I didn’t take a picture of the center of these cupcakes!! They are baked with an Oreo cookie at the bottom. Whaaaaaaaat??? I know! These are simply the best. If you like Oreos, you MUST make these cupcakes soon!
- 1 chocolate cake mix plus ingredients to prepare batter
- 24 cupcake liners
- 1 c. butter softened
- 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 7oz jar marshmallow fluff
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 30 Oreo cookies
- Prepare cupcake batter on the back of the box; set aside.
- Place cupcake liners in a muffin tin and add 1 whole cookie to the bottom of each cupcake liner. Spoon cupcake batter over each cookie till 2/3 full in the liner.
- Bake 10-12 minutes at 350°. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Place remaining six Oreos in a food chopper or processor. Chop up the cookies till they turn into crumbs; set aside.
- Blend butter in a mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer till nice and smooth; add almond extract.
- Add powdered sugar a half cup at a time till incorporated. Then add the marshmallow fluff; mix well. Stir in the cookie crumbs with a spatula.
- Place frosting in a frosting bag with a 1M star tip. Pipe on frosting over each cupcake. Enjoy!
And if you like this recipe, you’ll love these other cupcake favorites!
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021
Do I need to use the marshmallow fluff to make the icing or can I use something else. I hear it is very sweet.
Hi, Alana! You can make a standard buttercream instead and it will still taste yummy with the Oreos.
I made something very close to these (using my own from scratch cake recipe) and they were delish! Agreed, the oreo frosting is nom nom. I did a cream cheese versuon. Problem was the paper sticking to the cookie. Advice? Do you have a particular brand of papers? I don’t particularly want to spray them with non stick. Thanks!
Hi Kim! I always buy the Wilton brand of cupcake liners. So far the cookies haven’t stuck to any of them. A cream cheese version of the frosting sounds great!
This looks amazing! I’m wondering what brand of cupcake/cake mix you used. I’ve used some cake mixes and they are not all the same.
Hi Amy! Most of the time I just use what’s on sale, but that tends to be Pillsbury.
Can this be made without almond extract? Allergies.
Yes! Just substitute with vanilla extract and you’re set.
Oh my goodness these cookies sound the best I am so going to try them. How many cupcakes does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 24 cupcakes!
Can you make it without marshmallow or will it ruin the flavour?