Last week my oldest turned 3. Where does the time go? Over Easter weekend we spent time in Idaho with our families and had a birthday party on each side. I made this cake for the party on my side of the family. The last two birthday parties for Brycen were a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse party and a Toy Story 3 party. This year I didn’t feel like I wanted to worry about a themed party, but I still wanted to decorate a cake for him in a fun way. I love using colorful sprinkles on a birthday cake because they scream birthday. I was so happy with how this look turned out and that it obviously looks like a birthday cake. And it was SO EASY to decorate!
To make the 3 on the top of the cake, I went to Zurchers party store and found their section where you can build your own banner. They have numbers and letters to make your own birthday banner. Pretty convenient! I found the number 3 to use for my cake. You can also draw the number(s) on a piece of paper and cut it out yourself.
- number cutout(s) or banner number(s)
- a frosted cake
- a butter knife
- Place the number where you want it to show on your cake.
- Sprinkle A LOT of sprinkles on the cake so your number will stand out.
- Carefully peel the number off the top of the cake. Use the butter knife to smooth out the frosting if needed. I also threw (literally threw) sprinkles at the sides of the cake for a little pop.
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021
- S’more Cookies - August 11, 2021