This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PotPiePlease#CollectiveBias
This time of year is my absolute favorite. The crisp air, changing leaves, holidays right around the corner…It’s all wonderful! And, of course, the upcoming holidays mean busy, busy, busy. Today I’m sharing what is pretty much the perfect fall meal for a busy night: Marie Callender’s Chicken Pot Pie with easy crock pot cinnamon applesauce. It’s the perfect savory and sweet combo for dinner.
The baby and I made a grocery trip to Walmart last week and picked out some favorite Marie Callender’s pot pies for dinner. The hard part is always choosing the flavors. So many to choose from!
I ended up getting the kids’ favorite times two. The classic Chicken Pot Pie is full of tender chicken and veggies. For some reason veggies aren’t really veggies when my kids eat pot pies. This is the only way I can get them to eat veggies without having to sneak them in.
This is comfort in a golden, flaky crust right here. Just like Mom used to make! These pot pies pack so much rich flavor and taste like they’re homemade.
To complement the savory pot pies, I made a sweet cinnamon apple sauce using Walmart’s gala apples. This applesauce with the Marie Callender’s Chicken Pot Pies was pretty much the perfect meal for a fall evening.
Easy Crock Pot Cinnamon Applesauce
- 10 gala apples
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. sugar optional
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Prepare apples by peeling, coring, and chopping each one. Place chopped apple pieces in the crock pot.
- Add water, sugar (if desired), and cinnamon to the crock pot; stir together with apples.
- Cook apples on high for 4 hours. Smash with potato masher and serve warm or cold.
What sounds good to pair with a Marie Callender’s Chicken Pot Pie?
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020
- Lemon Lush Dessert - April 22, 2020