My three year old and I got adventurous last week and decided to do a little cookie experiment. He loves to help me bake. Especially cookies! I had a box of instant cheesecake pudding in my pantry so we thought it would be fun to make a cookie with that. I’ve never even used cheesecake pudding before so I was excited to try it!
I was really happy with how these cookies turned out. They’re really chewy and soft, and I love the shape. The white chocolate chips were a good call! These would be good with semisweet chocolate chips, too.
Cheesecake Pudding Cookies
- 1 stick butter at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 small box instant cheesecake pudding
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 c. white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°. If you're using a cookie sheet baking stone, place it in the oven while the oven is heating. (Having the stone already heated will allow the cookies to bake more evenly. This step isn't necessary if using a metal cookie sheet.)
- In a KitchenAid with the paddle attachment (or by hand with a wooden spoon), cream together butter and both sugars. Then add the egg and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk together salt, baking soda, and pudding. Add this mixture to the butter mixture. Then slowly add the flour.
- Fold the white chocolate chips into the dough with a wooden spoon. Drop dough by the spoonful or with a cookie scoop onto your cookie sheet baking stone or a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 7-8 minutes or until lightly golden on top. Enjoy!
Bake 7-8 minutes or until lightly golden on top. Enjoy!!
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2023
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021
Jessica Anderson says
Sounds yummy! Pinning! 🙂
Lindsey Johnson says
I bet my kids would love these!
Karina Wetzel says
Yumm!!! This looks so good! I’ve been wanting to try pudding cookies for a while now… Maybe I should make some now! Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe!
marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings says
looks so good, pinned!
Amber Brady says
Pudding cookies are so yummy!!!
Aimee @ Like Mother Like Daughter says
Can you taste the cheesecake flavor in the cookie as well? OR is it more like a normal pudding cookie with the extra moistness? Sounds yummy!
I am wondering the same thing as Aimee! Can you taste the cheesecake?
Allison Miller says
They taste like a chocolate chip cookie and cheesecake mixed, if that makes sense. The texture is like a chocolate chip cookie, but then you get that yummy cheesecake flavor in there too. Pretty darn yummy!
Amy @ The Happy Scraps says
These sound like the kind of cookie that I would take the time to make, and I would also take the time to eat all of them. 🙂
Katie Clark says
YUM! I love pudding cookies, I made a strawberry cheesecake pudding cookie a few months ago that were similar to this. But this seems so yummy and simple! 🙂
Oh, my! These look heavenly. This one is going in my files for the future! Thank you!
AND, as a first time visitor–I am loving this site of yours! Great recipes!
I’m gonna need to make these – STAT! ANYTHING with cheesecake – I LOVE!
Can wait to try them 🙂 thanks for sharing 🙂
Ashley Garner says
I made these last night and they were very flat, but still good.
Allison Miller says
Sorry they ended up flat, Ashley! Did you put the dough in the refrigerator? Hopefully it works out better if you make them again!
Heather Swarthout says
Oh wow.. Cheescake, pudding and cookie all in one sentence.. I don’t think that’s legal.. is it? Goodness.
Christina Strapp Lambert says
Yum, Yum, and yum, these sound so good. I may have to try these!! I love how easy these sound to make.
Allison Miller says
Thanks, Christina! They really are quite easy. And the dough is crazy good!
These turned out great,the only thing I changed was that I used half butter n half Greek yogurt instead of using whole stick of butter n used semi sweet chocolate chip,they were moist n yummy,thanks for sharing the recioe
I love those ideas! I will have to try making these with those substitutions. Thanks for the comment and I’m so glad you liked the cookies!
Hi, How many cookies does this recipe make?
Hi Nettie! This recipe makes 3 dozen cookies. Thank you for the question! I will go add that information to the recipe.