Now that my baby is home from the hospital, life has gotten a bit hectic! So I’ve called on some of my favorite bloggers to share some of their favorite recipes with you, as well as new recipes they’re making this fall and for Thanksgiving. I’m so excited about the recipes that will be coming your way over the next few weeks!
LeAnn from Pantry Friendly Cooking is here today sharing a recipe that will be perfect for a Thanksgiving side dish. I can’t wait to give these a try!
Hi I am LeAnn and I over at Pantry Friendly Cooking. One of my recipes recently won Readers Choice Grand Prize in the Better Recipes Contest, was runner up in the Cache Valley Cheese Signature Dish Contest, and recent winner of Best Blogger Recipe Ever: Potlucks and Parties. I have been a frequent guest on Good Things Utah, a featured chef on Studio 5, the CW 30 and at the Salt Lake Tribune Home and Garden Show. I also teach cooking classes throughout the Salt Lake City area. I hope my passion and love of cooking will inspire you to cook from your pantry and create your own cuisine traditions.
My cookbook Pantry-Friendly Mexican Cooking is available at most fine food and cooking stores throughout Utah. It is also available at Amazon.com or directly from the author’s publisher at https://outskirtspress.com/Bird. I am currently working on a 2nd book titled Pantry-Friendly Anti-Aging Cooking and a video series called Cook Away Hunger. Follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, and Twitter!
Today I am so excited to guest blog at Cupcake Diaries while my cute friend Allison is loving her new baby.
I dreamed up this recipe while at 30,000 feet flying home from Canada. Did I dream it? Maybe….
Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes are loaded with luscious, rich ingredients. But not so rich that it loses potato flavor. It will be perfect for your upcoming holiday menus.
These can be made in advance covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days. They are ready to serve in 30 minutes or until they are heated through. You can also place the Sweet Potato Mixture in one baking dish for a family style side dish.
It is definitely going to be on my menu for Thanksgiving. Maybe a few times before that. My family will love the change.
Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 2 ruby yams
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 sweet potato
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp apple cider or more as needed
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 1/2 c. golden raisins
- 1 granny smith or tart apple peeled and diced
- 1/4 c. chopped pecans
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Bake potatoes in aluminum foil jackets until soft to the touch at 350° for about 1 hour. Allow to cool.
- Scrape out the potato and place into a large mixing bowl. Add the cider, butter and molasses.
- Whip with mixer until creamy and smooth. Add fruit and spices. Blend again and spoon into individual dishes.
- Bake again for 30 minutes at 350°. Top with a pat of butter and a sprinkle of brown sugar.
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting for Beginners Recipe - November 6, 2019
- Friends TV Show Cupcakes and Toppers - September 22, 2019
- Halloween Dipped Oreos - September 17, 2019