Recently I was able to try Nocciolata organic chocolate/hazelnut spread. And was I in heaven or what! My family loved this stuff. We were able to find all kinds of ways to use it. My four year old especially loved it with vanilla wafers.
Nocciolata is made with dark chocolate carefully selected from the Antillean Islands, Italian hazelnuts (16%), brown sugar, skim milk, and Bourbon vanilla extract. It is gluten-free and kosher. We made this yummy braided bread with it, but is also so good as a flavor enhancer for cakes, cookies, and muffins.
Braided Nocciolata Bread
- 1 Pillsbury crusty french loaf dough
- 6 oz Nocciolata spread
- Flatten dough into a rectangle on a baking mat or lightly floured counter top.
- Spread Nocciolata over the entire surface of dough. Roll the dough from one of the longest sides to the other long side.
- Measure about one inch down from the top of the rolled dough. Carefully insert a sharp knife into the dough and cut down the center to split, leaving the top end intact.
- Twist the ends of the dough over top each other to make a braid.
- Bake 15-20 minutes at 350°, or until nice golden brown in color.
Want to try a jar of Nocciolata of your own? You can win a jar just by clicking HERE and filling out the entry form!
*Disclaimer: I was provided product for this post. All opinions are 100% my own.