Look no further, my friends. You have found the winning recipe for your fiesta night entree right here.
This one is finger-lickin’ good and everyone at the party is going to applaud you after they take the first bite and realize how amazing the next few minutes are about to be.
Slow Cooked Smoky Chipotle Brown Sugar Chicken
image and recipe via Can You Stay for Dinner?
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 15 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained (Muir Glen is a good brand)
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped (1 pepper pulled from a packed can)
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 c. packed fresh cilantro
- Place chicken in the bottom of your crockpot.
- Puree all the remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor until well combined and smooth.
- Pour over chicken breasts and cook on low for 7-8 hours. Shred using two forks. Serve on soft corn or flour tortillas with your favorite taco toppings such as guacamole, cheese, salsa, and lettuce. Or serve it on a bun or English muffin. Actually, it doesn’t really matter what you serve it with because it’s delicious no matter how you eat it!