Hey! I’m Briton- mama to 3 wild kids, foodie, traveler, artist/crafter and blogger of it all at Rad Mom Cool Kid.
Today I’m sharing one of my favorite salads! Every time I bring it to a BBQ or family dinner people ask for the recipe. It is easy, quick to throw together, looks beautiful and it tastes even better!
I love spring and summer because of all the fresh produce. Salads are such a great meal as the temperatures start to soar and the last thing you want is to turn on your stove or oven. Loading dark greens with bright veggies and fruit ups the blah factor, adds awesome vitamins and nutrients, and can take your salad from boring side to main dish in no time!
- Spring mix or your favorite mix of dark lettuces and greens, washed and dried
- Fresh berries- I use strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries but any will work, washed and dried
- Feta cheese, crumbled (you can also use bleu)
- Slivered almonds, toasted
- Briana’s Blush Wine Vinaigrette -or- this Creamy Honey-Citrus Vinaigrette would be amazing, too
- Gently toss together lettuces and berries. Top with feta and slivered almonds. Drizzle dressing over everything and serve immediately! Make it a meal by adding some grilled chicken- sooooo good!
You can follow me here: