- 4 c. unsweetened orange juice (they squeeze it fresh in the DR; we just bought some to make it easy)
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 c. whole milk
- 3 c. ice (be generous)
- 1 starfruit slice for each glass (optional)
- Mix the milk and sugar. Stir until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Put the milk in the freezer until it is very cold.
- Add the ice cubes to the milk and stir.
- Slowly pour the orange juice into the milk, stirring constantly.
- Serve immediately in glasses. Add more ice, if desired. To make it look pretty, put a piece of starfruit on the side of each glass.
*The trick for the milk not to curdle is keeping the milk (and the whole drink afterwards) at a very low temperature. This drink is meant to be served with lots of ice!