You’ll want to pin this one, my friends!
I love it when I make something new for dinner and my husband says, “That’s one of my favorite things you’ve ever made.” Yay! He said that very thing when we had this Chicken Alfredo Pizza last week. I’ve always been a fan of alfredo sauce. And pizza and I are pretty good pals too! This was the first time I’ve ever made a pizza with alfredo sauce on it and I really loved it. This was also a good way to get my son to eat spinach.
Change up the toppings if you prefer something a little different on your pizza! You can also buy pre-made alfredo sauce, but there’s nothing like the homemade stuff. Just sayin’.
- 1 can Pillsbury thin crust pizza dough
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced (About one large chicken breast)
- 2 Tbsp oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 c. baby spinach, washed and dried (Or you can buy a bag of spinach leaves and use that.)
- 1 c. grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1 c. grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. If using a baking stone, put that in the oven during preheating.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat with 2 Tbsp oil. Add 1/2 tsp. of the garlic and saute it till you can smell a nice roasted garlic smell. Add chicken slices to the pan and cook thoroughly (about 8 minutes). Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan on medium heat. Add the other 1/2 tsp. garlic and stir it around to cook for just a minute. Then add the flour. Allow that to cook for a little bit as well, just until you can smell that nice roasted garlic smell.
- Add the cream and mix well. Change the heat setting to low and allow the sauce to cook till it thickens. This will take about five minutes.
- Once the sauce is thicker, take off the heat and immediately add the Parmesan cheese and a little salt and pepper.
- Roll the dough out onto a greased cookie sheet or preheated stone. Pinch the sides of the dough up if your sauce ended up being a little runny. Spread the sauce over the dough, then top with spinach, and tomatoes. Then place the chicken over the top.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is a nice golden brown.