Mel's Kitchen Cafe
- 1 c. cooked rice, warm or at room temperature
- 1 c. cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 red or green pepper, diced
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 c. shredded cheese (I used a Monterrey/cheddar blend but Mexican blend is a good one for these too.)
- sour cream (optional)
**I decided not to put the pepper in this dish so everyone was happy. For those who wanted it, I added tomatoes or salsa when building each individual wrap instead. It worked out great and everyone was indeed happy!
**And one more side note. The original recipe calls for burrito size tortillas and it will make 6 wraps with those. I bought medium sized tortillas and we've been able to make about 10 wraps with them. And they're still nice and filling.