This Santa Hot Cocoa Chex Mix is perfect for a party or simply to have in the house during the holidays. It also makes a great neighbor gift. Put the mix in these super cute Santa take out boxes and you're set!
Santa Hot Cocoa Chex Mix
images and recipe via I Heart Nap Time
- 6 c. Corn or Rice Chex cereal, divided in half
- 1 c. white chocolate chips
- 1 c. milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. mini marshmallows
- 1/2 c. crushed candy canes
- Put 3 cups of Chex cereal in a medium bowl.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl for about 1 minute or until the chips are almost melted. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the melted chips over the cereal and toss to coat. Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper and spread the cereal mixture out as much as possible. Don't worry if you can't spread it out as well as you'd like, you will break it up later.
- Place it in the fridge for 5-10 minutes or until the chocolate is set. Repeat with the milk chocolate chips on a separate cookie sheet. Place them in this mixture in the fridge as well. It may take a little longer than 10 minutes to set.
- Break apart both cereal mixtures and place in a large bowl together. Add the mini marshmallows.
- Place the candy canes in a resealable bag and crush with a rolling pin. Add to the bowl and toss all the ingredients together.
- Add to the gift boxes right away or store in a resealable bag or airtight container.
- Red take out boxes - available at Walmart, Hobby Lobby, Michael's, etc.
- Black construction paper or card stock
- Yellow scrapbook paper - with the fun designs; or you can just use yellow construction paper or card stock if you'd like
- Adhesive - glue, tape, glue dots, etc. Whatever you like to use best!
- Cut the black paper into a strip 1 1/2 inches wide going the entire length of the piece of paper for the belt to go all around the box. .
- Cut some yellow paper into a 2 1/2 inch square for the buckle.
- Cut some black paper into a 1 1/2 inch square
- Glue the black strip around the box for the belt.
- Glue the yellow square in the center for the buckle.
- Add the black square in the middle of the yellow square, trying to match the belt so it looks like it's weaving through the buckle.