Ingredients (makes 4 pieces)
- 1/4 c. fat free, low sodium chicken broth
- 5 tsp butter, melted
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 c. dry bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp paprika
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 thin slices prosciutto (If you can't find prosciutto at your grocery store you can just use ham instead.)
- 1/4 c. shredded part-skim mozzarrella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place broth in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave for 15 seconds or until warm. Stir in the butter and garlic. In a medium-sized, shallow dish combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and paprika. Set aside.
- Place each piece of meat between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound flat with a meat mallet (or roll with a rolling pin) till 1/4-inch thick. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with salt, pepper, and oregano. Top each breast half with 1 slice of prociutto (or ham) and 1 tablespoon of mozzarrella. Roll up each breast jelly roll style. Dip each roll in the broth mixture; dredge in the bread crumb mixture.
- Place rolls seam side down in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour the remaining broth mixture over the chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for 28 minutes or until tops are golden.
Nutrition Information (per serving - serving size 1 chicken breast half)
Calories: 297 Fat: 9.9g Protein: 45.5g Carbohydrates: 3.8g Fiber: 0.5g Cholesterol: 125mg Sodium: 619mg Calcium: 94mg