It is officially fall!!! Woooooo hoooooo! (Can you tell it's my favorite time of year?) I love fall fashion, fall colors, fall food, fall decor...I love it all! And I'm so excited to start bringing out all these fun fall recipes I've been storing.
I'm kicking off this wonderful time of year with a delicious fall drink that is oh so tasty and slightly disguised as a summer treat. There are recipes for this drink all over the blogosphere, but this one comes from the girls at Our Best Bites. This drink is quite a tasty little thing. And it's perfect if it's still hot where you are yet you're trying to get into fall...it's a nice in between drink!
My little family and I are moving away from our families, friends, and our dear Idaho home tomorrow and we're off to Utah to start a new adventure! It may get a little quiet around here until I can get the internet up and running at our new place. Thanks for your patience!! :)
Apple Cider Floats
Our Best Bites
- 1 c. apple cider (Not to be confused with apple juice. Even if it says "cider" on the jug, if it's light in color don't get it. You want the dark stuff!)
- 1/2 c. ginger ale
- 1-2 scoops vanilla ice cream, or a seasonal flavor would be good too: homemade apple pie, cinnamon, and snickerdoodle are all fabulous options!
- ground cinnamon and nutmeg, for sprinkling
- 1-2 Tbsp. caramel topping
(I do not have step-by-step images of making this drink. However, if you want to see pictures of each step just click here!)
- Start by pouring cider into your glass of choice. You'll want to fill the glass half full.
- Then add the ginger ale. You'll want to put half the amount of ginger ale as you do cider (a 2-1 ration of cider to ginger ale). If you put in too much ginger ale the flavor of the cider gets diluted. If you add too little it tastes like flat soda.
- Next, add the ice cream. Then sprinkle some nutmeg and cinnamon right on top of the ice cream. Finally, add a nice drizzle of caramel. Enjoy! It's sooo good!