***Now that it's officially April it's time to get movin' on Easter treats, goodies, and meals. And there are SO many good ideas out there. I have a friend-her name is Chelsea. I met her while she was attending Utah State and was roommates with my best friend. My twin sister and I would go to visit Ashlee and we'd hang out with her and Chelsea. A couple of my favorite things were introduced to me by Chelsea: The first, putting sweet 'n sour sauce on the spicy chicken sandwich at Wendy's. A-ma-zing. The second, mini cadbury egg cookies. I had never heard of these till she sent me a message on Facebook telling me about these delicious little wonders. So here we are! The recipe and image both come from the girls at Our Best Bites and I'm so excited to spread the word about these today! They posted them last year so I guess I'm really out of the loop. Wow, sorry for rambling. Let's get on with the recipe!
- 1/2 c. Crisco (regular or butter flavored)
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 6 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 (10 oz) bag Cadbury Mini Eggs
What to Do:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Pour the mini cadbury eggs in a ziplock bag and bang them to pieces with a rolling pin or something that will do the job. They don't need to be smashed into crumbs, just smaller chunks. (If you'd like the cookies to look like the picture above, set aside a few whole mini eggs and don't smash them. You will use them for later.)
- In your stand mixer, cream together butter, crisco, brown sugar, and white sugar. Add in the eggs one at a time. Then the vanilla. In a separate bowl whisk together flour, soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Add the dry mixture to the butter mixture and mix together. Then add the crushed up mini eggs and combine.
- Drop onto a cookie sheet and place a whole mini egg on the top of however many you want to give that extra pop of color. Bake for about 8-10 minutes. They're so soft, fudgy, and yummy! A perfect little Easter treat.