Here's what you'll need:
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1/2 c. barbecue sauce
- 1/2 c. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Throw in the onion slices and stir till they're cooked and translucent. Mix in the honey and stir about 5 more minutes till the onion is golden brown. Remove the onion from the skillet and set aside.
- Place the remaining oil and chicken in the skillet over over medium high heat like before. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the barbecue sauce and evenly coat the chicken.
- Layer 4 tortillas with chicken onions, some Cheddar cheese, and some Montery Jack cheese. Top each tortilla with another tortilla.
- Place two of the quesadillas on a cookie sheet side by side. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Be careful not too get the tortillas too crisp (unless you like them crispy-then that's ok!) Remove from the oven and cut into quarters to serve. These are really yummy with guacamole, sour cream, and/or salsa!
Nutrion Info: (Don't worry, no "Freshman 15" happening with this meal!)
Amount Per Serving (1 quesadilla): Calories - 411 / Fat - 14.3g / Cholestorol: 48mg