- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 - 1 1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese
- mashed potatoes - It will be different depending on what kind of potatoes you use. If you're using instant potatoes in the box you will want to make the 6-7 servings amount. If you're using real potatoes you'll want to bake about 4 good-sized potatoes and mash them.
- Cook the ground beef in a saute pan and drain the grease. Then add the can of corn. Heat and set on low to stay warm.
- Make the instant potatoes as directed or mash up your real potatoes. Get a glass 8 1/2 x 11 casserole dish and put the beef mixture in the bottom of it. Then put the mashed potatoes over the beef and spread out evenly. Finally, sprinkle the cheese over the mashed potatoes.
- If your potatoes aren't hot enough and the cheese isn't really melting you can put the shepherd's pie in the oven at 350 degrees for a few minutes or until the cheese is melted.