1 beef roast
1 bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce
1-2 c. water
salt and pepper to taste
hamburger buns, bread slices, or Oroweat Sandwich Thins for serving
- Remove frozen or thawed roast from package. Salt and pepper, then place in a crockpot.
- Add 1-2 c. water, depending on the size of your crockpot. The water should be about 1/2 inch deep so the roast can stay moist.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours on low or until desired meat temperature.
- Carefully remove the roast from the crockpot and into a large bowl. Take two forks and pull the meat apart until it is shredded to your liking.
- Add about half to two-thirds of the barbecue sauce to the beef and stir together well. Add more sauce if the meat looks too dry.
- Add desired amount to each sandwich and enjoy!
*Garnishes such as dill pickle and cheese taste great on this sandwich as well! You can also substitute pork or chicken for the beef.